[osg-users] OpenFlt file causing crash in optimizer

Mark Hurry mark at dwork.com
Wed Oct 17 06:35:16 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

Not sure what you mean by directly. I have set it up as command line
argument in VS2005. I have also tried osgviewerMFC with the same results.

I have reduced the OpenFlight model down to about 6 polys that still
produces the same crash, so what’s the best way of making it available to
everyone?

I’ll carry on investiagting more to see if I can narrow the problem down as
this is a show stopper for me

Cheers

Mark

"http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org"m
ark at dwork.com> wrote:

>> I have been trying to load an OpenFlight file created using TerraVista
using
>> osgViewer. However I have been getting a crash in the optimizer code in
>> Optimizer::MergeGeodesVisitor::mergeGeodes at line
>> geodeDuplicateMap[geode].push_back(geode); I finally
>> managed to track down that in the OpenFlight format polygon attributes
there
>> is a flag for "Hidden polygon". If this flag is set it causes a crash, if
it
>> is not set then the model loads.
>>

>> Is this a known problem? And if so is there a work around? Obviously it
is
>> not feasable to go into each OpenFlight file and manually check each
polygon
>> to see if the "Hidden polygon" flag has been set.
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>>

>> Mark

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:14 PM