[osg-users] Rendering to a texture only

Williams Steven-ASW036 Steve.Williams at Motorola.com
Tue Oct 16 12:03:00 PDT 2007

Is pBuffers the only solve or can I use my current FBO code?

I currently have an FBO camera & texture running as per the osgViewer
example, but I'm using the viewer to kick off rendering. Ideally I want
the non-existant "rootnode->render()" then use the image attached to my
FBO camera and remove viewer completely.

thanks

>Hi Steve,

>You can create a Pbuffer graphics context and then render to this,
complete off screen.  The osgconv example >has some code in it where
it'll create a pbuffer just to do off screen work.