[osg-users] Level of Detail

wangmiao wangmiao at ict.ac.cn
Mon Oct 15 00:48:00 PDT 2007

The Lod node is used to manage a series of model node, you can attech  models to it.But it will not simplify models for you. You need osgUtil::Simplifier to do it.Here is a simple example.....
    osgUtil::Simplifier sm;
    sm.setDoTriStrip(false);
    sm.setMaximumError(FLT_MAX);
    sm.setMaximumLength(FLT_MAX);
    sm.setSampleRatio(ratio);
    sm.simplify(*newgeometry);
    newgeode->addDrawable(newgeometry.get());