[osg-users] Multisample problem

Panagiotis Papadakos papadako at csd.uoc.gr
Sat Oct 13 15:51:29 PDT 2007

Hi David

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, David Callu wrote:

> Hi Panagiotis
>
> 2007/10/6, Panagiotis Papadakos <papadako at csd.uoc.gr>:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I want to add an option of using multisampling for my app. So I have setup
>> DisplaySettings with setNumMultiSamples(4). The user is able to
>> enable/disable multisampling as he feels in the app, by enabling/disabling
>>
>> the GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB in the root stateset. My problem now is that
>> initially I want to have multisampling disabled, which I can't figure out
>> how to do. I have tried setting GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB OFF in the root
>> stateset, but this doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?
>

> This seem to be the good method.
> you can try
>
> 1) do root->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GLL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB,
> osg::StateAttribut::OFF | osg::StateAttribut::OVERRIDE)

This is what I've been trying. More specifically
root->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB,
osg::StateAttribute::OFF | osg::StateAttribute::PROTECTED |
  osg::StateAttribute::OVERRIDE);

after the viewer has been realized.

> 2) I think that number of sample is define when the OpenGL context is
> created
>    so recreate a context on each switch of the number os sample you want.

Why should I recreate a context? I think I should be able to
enable/disable Multisampling with setting the state mode ON/OFF.

> How did you know that multisample is enabling/disabling.
> Did you look the render ?
Yep, that is the case. I saw the render.