[osg-users] Searcing for raytracer implementation based on OSG

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Thu Oct 11 11:22:01 PDT 2007

Hello again Adrian,

> I just tested the same code on a Linux machine I have at school, and
> the same scene ran at over 200000 (200k) samples per second instead of
> 20k... I have no idea what the difference is, I'm investigating, but
> the Windows and Linux machines have similar CPU and memory, and both
> are release builds, so I did not expect such a difference.

Mystery solved. I was getting 200k intersections per second but with
bad results. Turns out that it was a bug that only showed up on Linux,
where the localToWorld matrix was not computed correctly. So now that
I fixed that, I'm getting more reasonable results (45k samples per
second, still over 2 times what I get on Widnows, but much slower than
I'd like obviously).

I look forward to trying out your kd-tree. :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/