[osg-users] Searcing for raytracer implementation based on OSG

Adrian Egli 3dhelp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 04:18:57 PDT 2007

Hi Joachim,

i agree completely with the your point of view. but one important thing is,
and only this part i am working on
is the fact that we haven't an accelerated line intersection test
implemented for triangle represented topology. $
if we make use of the drive manipulator, we can drop in ver bad frame rates,
and this isn't only a question of the rendering pipeline,
if we have to check against collisions and so on, and if we use the line
intersection test based on vertex array,
which is the same as the rendering vertex are, then for a hudge amount of
triangles we get really poor fps.
and if we can speed up this intersection, may we will be able to boost many
osg based applications, and this
would be really interesting for many others in the community.

/adegli