Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Wed Oct 10 11:02:16 PDT 2007

ALberto see my response below

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> > As I say I check the CMAKE_ flags you mentioned and mine match yours and to
> > answer my questions from above - Yes I have X installed on my Cygwin, 2nd
> > question: I have left the X11_ paths alone and I have changed them to be
> > their X11_???-NOTFOUND equivalents and I have in the past had errors
> > leaving them as ccmake sets them and better luck with them set to NOTFOUND.
> >  Third question - I have been doing plain makes.
>
> Out of curiosity, where do you get those plain Makefiles? I think the original
> ones were eliminated from recent versions of the SVN. I'm only using the
> cmake generated Makefile.

Sorry - bad choice of words.  I have in the past used the original make files
from the earlier revisions to diagnose issues but the test builds I did for you
were all total current svn and then doing a ccmake and generate the makefile and
then at the command prompt type "make" with no options (that is what I meant by
plain make - my mistake).

> > I did delete the full obj directory (as I have done other tests) and I did
> > an SVN update and I did change the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE switch to on and
> > the dang thing ran all the way through [100%].
>
> I think when you touch any of the cmake options, the Makefile is rewritten, so
> you have to build all the project again. It makes sense when one changes some
> compiler switch, but unfortunately when there are only minor changes to the
> configuration it also requires the complete build.

That is what I have tried to do is always make uninstall, make clean and then
change the config and regenerate and then do a new fresh make.

Thanks for the assistance - maybe we can find something.

bk