Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Wed Oct 10 02:13:03 PDT 2007

Brian, see my replies below:

El Tuesday 09 October 2007 18:22:17 Brian Keener escribió:
> Alberto,
>
> thanks for looking into this.  I appreciate it.  I have seen your posts in
> the Cygwin group and following along so let me know if I need to try
> something.

Yes, the first problem I found was gdb crashing when debugging any program.
This bug was however only affects win64, so I'll have to use a computer with
win32 installed while the cygwin's gdb package isn't updated.

What I'm planning to do is to set the CYGWIN environment variable to

CYGWIN=error_start=[path_to_gdb]gdb.exe

so gdb is called when a program crashes. Then I'll be able to get a stack
trace and see where the crash happened.

Another way is to attach gdb to a hanging process in order to also get the
stack trace. I'll post any progress.

> I'll turn that on and try a build.  Three questions:
>
> Do you have X installed in your Cygwin?

No. Do you have any reason for using it? We could also see that.

> If so are you changing the directory paths for X in ccmake (page 6) to the
> X11_???-NOTFOUND option or leaving them set?

All my X paths are set to ...-NOTFOUND.

> Are you simply doing a make when you build or a make debug?

I only run make. I select the release, debug or release with debug information
version with the ccmake switch.

Alberto