Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Wed Oct 10 02:11:29 PDT 2007

Brian, see my replies below:

El Wednesday 10 October 2007 01:24:51 Brian Keener escribió:
> As I say I check the CMAKE_ flags you mentioned and mine match yours and to
> answer my questions from above - Yes I have X installed on my Cygwin, 2nd
> question: I have left the X11_ paths alone and I have changed them to be
> their X11_???-NOTFOUND equivalents and I have in the past had errors
> leaving them as ccmake sets them and better luck with them set to NOTFOUND.
>  Third question - I have been doing plain makes.

Out of curiosity, where do you get those plain Makefiles? I think the original
ones were eliminated from recent versions of the SVN. I'm only using the
cmake generated Makefile.

> I did delete the full obj directory (as I have done other tests) and I did
> an SVN update and I did change the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE switch to on and
> the dang thing ran all the way through [100%].

I think when you touch any of the cmake options, the Makefile is rewritten, so
you have to build all the project again. It makes sense when one changes some
compiler switch, but unfortunately when there are only minor changes to the
configuration it also requires the complete build.

> Did a make install and ran
> the examples: osggeometry and osgversion complete as normal
> osgconv cow.osg, osgviewer cow.osg and osganimate all hang and must be
> killed via Windows Task Manager even though the Bash window title shows the
> program completed and I am back at my working directory but I have no
> command line.

Same here.

> Next since this build got me by surprise I did a make uninstall and then
> deleted the full build directory and then redid the ccmake exactly as I did
> last time but did not set the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKE switch and regenerated and
> compiled and it still built to 100%.

That is what it is meant to do! ;)

[snip]

So now you are getting the same warnings as me... I don't think those are
important for now, at least it builds :) Seems you had some misconfiguration
due to mixed buid systems.

> Hope all this helps and sorry for all the detail.  I also notice that in
> the build tree the CMakeFiles directory contains two file CMakeError.log
> and CMakeOutput.log and both of these have reference to the threading
> checks if you think they would be helpful.

Thank you for the information. I'll see what can I find.

Alberto