Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Tue Oct 9 16:24:51 PDT 2007

Brian Keener wrote:
> > Maybe we can compare the output of the compiler command line when compiling
> > sockstream.cpp by toggling 'on' the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE switch in the
> > cmake advanced configuration, page 2.
>
> I'll turn that on and try a build.  Three questions:
>
> Do you have X installed in your Cygwin?
> If so are you changing the directory paths for X in ccmake (page 6) to the
> X11_???-NOTFOUND option or leaving them set?
> Are you simply doing a make when you build or a make debug?

Aaarrrrggg :-(

Alberto,

As I say I check the CMAKE_ flags you mentioned and mine match yours and to
answer my questions from above - Yes I have X installed on my Cygwin, 2nd
question: I have left the X11_ paths alone and I have changed them to be their
X11_???-NOTFOUND equivalents and I have in the past had errors leaving them as
ccmake sets them and better luck with them set to NOTFOUND.  Third question - I
have been doing plain makes.

I did delete the full obj directory (as I have done other tests) and I did an
SVN update and I did change the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE switch to on and the dang
thing ran all the way through [100%].  Did a make install and ran the examples:
osggeometry and osgversion complete as normal
osgconv cow.osg, osgviewer cow.osg and osganimate all hang and must be killed
via Windows Task Manager even though the Bash window title shows the program
completed and I am back at my working directory but I have no command line.

Next since this build got me by surprise I did a make uninstall and then deleted
the full build directory and then redid the ccmake exactly as I did last time
but did not set the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKE switch and regenerated and compiled and
it still built to 100%.  I did notice this in the build for osgViewer and
GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp:

[ 38%] Building CXX object src/osgViewer/CMakeFiles/osgViewer.dir/ViewerEventHan
dlers.o
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/osgViewer/CMakeFiles/osgViewer.dir/GraphicsWindow
Win32.o
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp: In member functio
n `virtual bool osgViewer::Win32WindowingSystem::setScreenRefreshRate(const osg:
:GraphicsContext::ScreenIdentifier&, double)':
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp:886: warning: conv
erting to `DWORD' from `double'
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp: In member functio
n `virtual void osgViewer::GraphicsWindowWin32::checkEvents()':
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp:1703: warning: pas
sing NULL used for non-pointer converting 3 of `BOOL PeekMessageA(tagMSG*, HWND_
_*, UINT, UINT, UINT)'
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp:1703: warning: pas
sing NULL used for non-pointer converting 4 of `BOOL PeekMessageA(tagMSG*, HWND_
_*, UINT, UINT, UINT)'
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp: In member functio
n `virtual void osgViewer::GraphicsWindowWin32::requestWarpPointer(float, float)
':
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp:1777: warning: con
verting to `LONG' from `float'
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgViewer/GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp:1778: warning: con
verting to `LONG' from `float'
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/osgViewer/CMakeFiles/osgViewer.dir/PixelBufferWin
32.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/cygosgViewer-2.2.0.dll
Creating library file: ../../lib/libosgViewer.dll.a
[ 38%] Built target osgViewer
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/osgFX/CMakeFiles/osgdb_osgfX.dir/IO_An
isotropicLighting.o
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/osgFX/CMakeFiles/osgdb_osgfX.dir/IO_Bu
mpMapping.o

and then also this time in the osgdb_net build (but I wasn't looking last time
since I figured it would error ):

[ 47%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/sockinet.
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.cpp:66:1: warning: "socklen_
t" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:15,
                 from /usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.h:46
,
                 from /usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.h:16,
                 from /usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.cpp:36
:
/usr/include/cygwin/socket.h:24:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
 definition
[ 47%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/sockstrea
m.o
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:143:1: warning: "sockl
en_t" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:15,
                 from /usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.h:46
,
                 from /usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:
63:
/usr/include/cygwin/socket.h:24:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
 definition
Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/osgPlugins-2.2.0/cygwin_osgdb_net.dll
[ 47%] Built target osgdb_net
[ 47%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/osg/CMakeFiles/osgdb_osg.dir/AlphaFunc
[ 47%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/osg/CMakeFiles/osgdb_osg.dir/Animation

Hope all this helps and sorry for all the detail.  I also notice that in the
build tree the CMakeFiles directory contains two file CMakeError.log and
CMakeOutput.log and both of these have reference to the threading checks if you
think they would be helpful.

Bk