Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Tue Oct 9 09:22:17 PDT 2007

Alberto,

thanks for looking into this.  I appreciate it.  I have seen your posts in the
Cygwin group and following along so let me know if I need to try something.

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> For reference, these are the default defines that I'm using (cmake defaults):
>
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=' '
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG=-g
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL=-Os -DNDEBUG
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE=-O3 -DNDEBUG
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO=-O2 -g
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS=' '
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG=-g
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL=-Os -DNDEBUG
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE=-O3 -DNDEBUG
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO=-O2 -g

 Ditto - same here.

> Maybe we can compare the output of the compiler command line when compiling
> sockstream.cpp by toggling 'on' the CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE switch in the
> cmake advanced configuration, page 2.

I'll turn that on and try a build.  Three questions:

Do you have X installed in your Cygwin?
If so are you changing the directory paths for X in ccmake (page 6) to the
X11_???-NOTFOUND option or leaving them set?
Are you simply doing a make when you build or a make debug?

bk