[osg-users] Win32 crash on exit

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 02:01:44 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Serge Lages <serge.lages at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem with my application, it crashs on exit (WinXP, VS8
> SP1, SVN head version).
> To make it crash I have added this line :
>
> osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setCompileContextsHint(true);
>
> It allows me to make sure my GLObjects are compiled using a PBuffer when
> available with the DatabasePager. Another important thing is that I set my
> application as SingleThreaded.
> The error I am getting is the following (on exiting the application) :
>
> R6025
> - pure virtual function call
>
> It happens when calling releaseContextImplementation(); (in
> GraphicsContext.cpp line 527)
> I don't understand the problem because both GraphicsWindowWin32 and
> PixelBufferWin32 implements this method.

An important thing to note is also that the crash happens only if the
PBuffer has been succesfully created (I have tested with an NVIDIA Quadro
card). With an Intel card the PBufer can't be created and there is no crash
on the application exit.

It makes me think that it's a problem with the PixelBuffer implementation
but the releaseContextImplementation method is not a pure virtual one.

--
Serge Lages
http://www.magrathea-engine.org