[osg-users] Multisample problem

David Callu ledocc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 01:41:31 PDT 2007

Hi Panagiotis

2007/10/6, Panagiotis Papadakos <papadako at csd.uoc.gr>:

> Hi.
>
> I want to add an option of using multisampling for my app. So I have setup
> DisplaySettings with setNumMultiSamples(4). The user is able to
> enable/disable multisampling as he feels in the app, by enabling/disabling
>
> the GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB in the root stateset. My problem now is that
> initially I want to have multisampling disabled, which I can't figure out
> how to do. I have tried setting GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB OFF in the root
> stateset, but this doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

This seem to be the good method.
you can try

1) do root->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GLL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB,
osg::StateAttribut::OFF | osg::StateAttribut::OVERRIDE)

2) I think that number of sample is define when the OpenGL context is
created
    so recreate a context on each switch of the number os sample you want.

How did you know that multisample is enabling/disabling.
Did you look the render ?
Did you do a request to OpenGL about multisample ?

David

Thanks