[osg-users] Problem with combining texture maps.

Wojciech Lewandowski lewandowski at ai.com.pl
Thu Oct 4 14:23:32 PDT 2007

Pictures you sent look like GTOPO30 elevation tile thumbnails. They don't
seem to be georefernced. Which means you need to define the mapping between
database coordinates and image pixels.

 If you want to create flat non georeferenced database you may do it as
described in the osgDem wiki page: using options -xx -yy. But you will also
need some more options to indicate image origins (--xy, --yx etc).
Unfortunately these are not documented (you would need to look at the
source) .
http://www.openscenegraph.org/index.php?page=UserGuides.Osgdem
In practice there are more options than wiki page shows. Running --help will
display all of them.

It seems that similar functionality may give the --range option. Just
precede each -t image call with  --range Xmin Xmax Ymin Ymax. This will
define world extents of the next image you load with -t option.

I don't have the osgDem at home. I cannot test this but I would try to
define extents with following options:
--range -180 -140 40 90  -t W180N90.tif
--range -140 -100 40 90  -t W140N90.tif

There is one catch, I am not sure if --range was already present in all
osgDEM versions. If you don't find it,  try VPB or ultimate method: load
these two into some image editor, merge them and use single -t option with
merged image.

Regards,
Wojtek

PS1: On a side note: option -t treats these as colour channels not elevation
are your sure you don't want to use -d option instead of -t.

PS2: osgDem was superceded by Virtual Planet Builder VPB project. You may
check it out. For sure it will have --range option.
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/VirtualPlanetBuilder