Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Thu Oct 4 13:02:22 PDT 2007

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> Brian: I'm surprised that the latest SVN version doesn't work for you. About
> the net plugin issue, gcc shold print a warning about a redefinition, but
not
> an error about undefined tokens. Can you post them?

 [ 53%] Built target osgdb_normals
Scanning dependencies of target osgdb_net
[ 53%] Building CXX object
src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/ReaderWri
terNET.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object
src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/sockinet.
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.cpp:66:1: warning:
"socklen_
t" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:15,
                 from
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.h:46
,
                 from
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.h:16,
                 from
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.cpp:36
:
/usr/include/cygwin/socket.h:24:1: warning: this is the location of the
previous
 definition
[ 54%] Building CXX object
src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/sockstrea
m.o
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:143:1:
warning: "sockl
en_t" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:15,
                 from
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.h:46
,
                 from
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:
63:
/usr/include/cygwin/socket.h:24:1: warning: this is the location of the
previous
 definition
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp: In member
function `i
nt sockbuf::pgrp() const':
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:931: error:
`SIOCGPGRP
' undeclared (first use this function)
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:931: error:
(Each unde
clared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears
in.)
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp: In member
function `i
nt sockbuf::pgrp(int) const':
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:941: error:
`SIOCSPGRP
' undeclared (first use this function)
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp: In member
function `v
oid sockbuf::closeonexec(bool) const':
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:952: error:
`FIOCLEX'
undeclared (first use this function)
/usr/src/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp:955: error:
`FIONCLEX'
 undeclared (first use this function)
make[2]: *** [src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/sockstream.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/osgPlugins/net/CMakeFiles/osgdb_net.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

BrianK at atl-lt-5783 /usr/develop/obj/osg
$

> Also, before compiling anything yesterday, I ran the update tool in order to
> get the lastest Cygwin packages. Maybe you have an outdated version of
> several packages.

I keep my installed updated regularly - usually weekly so I am current and
just
checked today and still current.

> As for the tests, I could run osgviewer on single-threaded mode without
> problems. As soon as I changed it with 'm' key it freezed.
>
> I could run osgconv to convert a large .obj into a .ive. The program crashed
> (no hang as Brian's) at the end, but the generated file was correct.
>
> The examples ran fairly well, as long as I stayed in single-threaded mode,
but
> some of them hang on exit.

That's what I have seen in the past and with osgconv - seems to hang on exit.
And I just tried again specifying the SingleThreaded and setting OSG_THREADING
and still got the hang on exit in the bash shell.  As I say I can see the
title
of the window change back to my working directory but the program (osgconv r
osgviewer) does not end.

Good luck on debugging.