Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Wed Oct 3 15:50:44 PDT 2007

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> O.K. I'm confused now.  Your previous email it sounds like you needed to add:
>
>    -DWIN32 -DNOMINMAX -mnop-fun-dllimport -DOSG_LIBRARY

This was actually the second email I sent.

> To get things compile, but your next below sounds like you made no changes.
>
> On 10/3/07, Brian Keener <brianklistacct at alltel.net> wrote:
> > Robert Osfield wrote:
> > > Have you updated to a different version of Cygwin since you last
> > built?
> >
> > Nope,
> >
> > Only difference is I used a straight ccmake and did not make the
> > CMAKE_CXX_FLAG changes I had previously made and I haven't had to make

This was the first email I sent which got blocked and then I inadvertently sent
again not realizing how confusing it would be.

 The above ">    -DWIN32 -DNOMINMAX -mnop-fun-dllimport -DOSG_LIBRARY"  is my
most recent attempt at building which did build and hangs when run.

> Does the SVN version of the OSG compile out of the box without any
> changes?  Or do you have to make the above addition, if so where to?

 It does not - it dies on the socket error and I add the flags:

 -DWIN32 -DNOMINMAX -mnop-fun-dllimport -DOSG_LIBRARY

 in ccmake to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS line at which point it compiles 100%.

 You posted in your other response that others had built in Cygwin without
making any changes (out of the box).  I had not seen those responses - perhaps
it is just my setup if you have other cygwin folk getting it right.

 bk