[osg-users] Problems with Overriding Tooltips on Windows

André Garneau andre at pixdev.com
Wed Oct 3 09:55:47 PDT 2007

Hi Jason,

When a graphics window (Win32) is created, it is set by default to be at the
top of the windows Z-order. This is done at line 1629 of
GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp, i.e.

if (!::SetWindowPos(_hwnd, HWND_TOP, _windowOriginXToRealize,...))

You might want to check using other values for the second parameter
(replacing HWND_TOP with either HWND_BOTTOM or HWND_NOTOPMOST) to see if it
resolves the issue in your application while still allowing the window
content to be visible relative to other windows.

André