[osg-users] osg-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Jason Daly jdaly at ist.ucf.edu
Wed Oct 3 08:45:25 PDT 2007

Robert Osfield wrote:
> On 10/2/07, Abe Stephens <abe at sci.utah.edu> wrote:
>
>> Robert: What should we expect from the collada import (or from other
>> paths into OSG)? Obviously we'd need to investigate collada export
>> from a modeling tool separately.
>>

> I'm not th author or a user of COLLADA so the contributors to COLLADA
> will have to answer this.

I'm not a dae plugin contributor, but I'm somewhat familiar with
COLLADA.  As far as I can tell, there is no support for any kind of
animations in the OSG COLLADA reader, only the basics (visual scenes,
nodes, geometry, transforms, and materials).  It appears to support skin
and morph controllers as well, but not the animations to manipulate them.

Hope this helps,

--

--"J"

"I'm a castaway stranded in a desolate land,
 I can see the footprints in the virtual sand."
	--Neil Peart