[osg-users] Tracking an object from a moving vehicle

Harash Sharma harashsharma at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 08:02:23 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

     Thanks Robert. I don't need the line by line teaching. I only need pointers. Thanks for your help. That much should be adequate for me.

  Regards

  Harash

Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Harash,

Moving the vehicle can be done via osg::AnimationPathCallback attached
to a MatrixTransform.

Tracking the vehicle will require something along the lines of
NodeTrackerManipulator - you'll need to accumulate the world transform
on every frame and compute the view matrix accordingly. How best to
compute this is your problem, I could point you in the right direction
but it's not my role to teach you how to write your application.

Robert.