[osg-users] Subversion Installation Step-Step manual

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Wed Oct 3 07:06:42 PDT 2007

Hello Adrian,

> Here's how I installed and configured apache for svn + dav + ssl on our SVN
> server.

Thibault's setup is also what I use, and it's useable both with
command-line SVN clients and with TortoiseSVN (which I assume is what
you mean when you say "tigris.subversion client in explorer" -
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/) and probably with any other SVN client
as well.

It's a good setup, possibly slightly less secure than through an SSH
tunnel, but TortoiseSVN has a long-standing bug where it will ask for
your password each time when going through an SSH tunnel (no "save
password" option) which does not exist when using https transport, so
it's less annoying to users.

Good luck,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca