[osg-users] Tracking an object from a moving vehicle

Harash Sharma harashsharma at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 06:39:57 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

       I am trying to simulate observation of an object from a vehicle. The task is as follows:

  1. The observer is placed in a moving vehicle that is following a pre-programmed path.
  2. The observer is constantly looking at a fixed (or moving) object from within this vehicle.

  How do I achieve this effect?

  I have tried using the NodeTrackerManipulator. I have derived a class from this. The node to be tracked is placed within this vehicle. Override the handle function.

  But how to compute the  view matrices? And is the procedure proper or is there any better mechanism? Thanks in advance.

  Regards

  Harash