[osg-users] Call for feedback : glu.h does itcontain_GLUfuncptr?

Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Wed Oct 3 01:53:47 PDT 2007

Robert Osfield escribió:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> sockstream.h and sockstream.cpp haven't changed for 6 months, and 2
> months respectively.  Have you had it compiling at before?  What time
> frame?
>
>>From the errors the inclusion of
>
>   /usr/include/sys/socket.h
>
> and
>
>   /usr/include/cygwin/socket.h
>
> Looks pretty odd, the .h and .cpp only reference the sys/socket.h, so
> I can only presume this must be including cygwin/socket.h
>
> I don't know why right now by socketstream.cpp includes the same
> things as the header does.  Perhaps the ones in the .cpp could be
> removed.
>
> I'm afraid I can't do anything directly to help fix this as I have now
> cygwin set up to explore here.  If we can't get it compiling soon
> we'll have to disable this plugin under the Cygwin build.

Hi,

further investigations: if I comment the line 924 and uncomment the line
  925 in sockstream.cpp, that is, treating cygwin as a WIN32 compiler,
the plugin compiles and I can build OSG. However, that line wasn't
changed since 2004, in revision 3599 - "More cleanups for CYGWIN from
Norman Vine". That's weird. I compiled OSG 1.2 without problems in the past.

Maybe the header containig FIOCLEX and friends belongs to a library
package we don't have installed. I'm trying to find it.

Alberto