Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:29:53 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I have checked in a number of potentially breaking changes today.
Almost all made to try and fix things that were previous broken, so
fingers crossed we'll be a couple steps further ahead then we were for
2.1.13, but only testing will tell how successful this has been.

Key changes are:

   include/osg/GLU now has a new setting of the tesselator callback

   CMake support for Qt3/Qt4 should now be improved.

   CMake support for plugins under Mingw + Cygwin should now be improved.

   Fix/feature enhancement to ShadowMap

   Viewer/CompositeViewer refectoring has been completed, now both share
   all their threading and rendering support with each other via the new
   ViewerBase class from which they both inherit.   This means
   CompositeViewer now supports all the threading models that Viewer
   does.   The code is based on the original Viewer code so hopefully it
    will be sound.

Now all of the above could throw a spanner in the works for the
various platforms.  I have tried to be careful with these merging
these changes, but there is always a chance of some things going
astray.   Things work for me under Linux, but as ever I need feedback
on:

  Windows - VS
  Windows - Mingw
  Windows - Cygwin
  Linux - various
  OSX - Cmake
  OSX - XCode
  FreeBSD
  HP-UX
  AIX
  Solaris
  IRIX.

Please test tonight.  All going well tomorrow morning I'll tagg 2.1.14.

Thanks for your help,