[osg-users] Cygwin/Ming plugin names

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:21:56 PDT 2007

I have pondered on the issue of plugin prefixes for Cygwin and Mingw
and have decided to leave prefixes in place to allow for mixing of
Cygwin, Mingw and VS builds on one machine without problems.  What I
have done is to make things a bit explict about the platform and have
defined new prefixes:

  Cyginw now has a "cygwin_" prefix for plugins and wrappers
  Mingw now has a "mingw_" prefix for plugins and wrappers

This is now defined in the OpenSceneGraph/CMakeLists.txt thus:

SET(OSG_PLUGIN_PREFIX "")

IF (CYGWIN)
    SET(OSG_PLUGIN_PREFIX "cygwin_")
ENDIF(CYGWIN)

IF(MINGW)
    SET(OSG_PLUGIN_PREFIX "mingw_")
ENDIF(MINGW)

I have also update the Registry.cpp to honour this, and have update
the osgintrospection example to do so as well.

I have cobbled some tests under Linux together to show that
OSG_PLUGIN_PREFIX is working, but I haven't got a Cygwin or Mingw
system available to test out for real, for this I need members of the
community to pitch in.

All these changes are now checked into SVN so please test and let me
know how you get on.