[osg-users] Searcing for raytracer implementation based on OSG

Abe Stephens abe at sci.utah.edu
Tue Oct 2 12:32:13 PDT 2007

I'm not aware of any open source interactive ray tracers that
vivaciously support third-party scene graphs like OSG.

OpenRT (not open source) has been demoed at the Mercury booth @
siggraph running off a scene graph (possibly OpenInventor (?)). Razor
(not open source) is an IRT system from UT Austin which is tightly
integrated with its own scene graph (supports collada). We've had
some traffic on the Manta (open source) mailing list about scene
graph integration. The projects were all outside of Utah so I'm not
sure if they targeted a standard tool like OSG.

Abe