[osg-users] Searcing for raytracer implementation based on OSG

Adrian Egli 3dhelp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 07:50:34 PDT 2007

Hi Sébastien,

as starting point we should think about only static scenes, not morphable
objects. And for speed up line intersection tests
we may can append a kd-tree or at least a spatial datastructure. i am sure
that then your ray tracer would be faster than 20k.
Event for motion model using intersection tests (terrain, model, ...)
becomes faster, i had once a model with 100k triangles
in the same geometry and the osg fps drops unter a usable limit. then i
start looking for the issue and i believe now, that this was
of the linear in time intersection test. after removing the intersection
test, the frame was greate. the bootle neck was  located.

/adegli