[osg-users] osgversion on Mac, not logged in to console

Andy Skinner Andy.Skinner at mathworks.com
Tue Oct 2 06:36:31 PDT 2007

I'm having a problem that I don't think I did before.

I telnet to an OSX machine, and I'm not logged in to its console.  I try
to run osgversion, and it says:
==========
kCGErrorRangeCheck : Window Server communications from outside of
session allowed for root and console user only
Init_Processes(), could not establish the default connection to the
WindowServer.Abort

I'm sure this used to work, because I was running osgversion as the test
part of my build.  I know I've seen work go on Version.cpp.  I've not
got the very latest, but code from last week.

This still works for me if I VNC into the machine.  I'm sure it would
work if I were logged in to the console.

Could someone with a Mac and another machine that'll let them telnet to
the Mac try this and tell me if it works?

thanks,
andy