[osg-users] Searcing for raytracer implementation based on OSG

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Tue Oct 2 06:19:59 PDT 2007

Hello Tobias,

> Does anybody has developed a raytracer based on OSG or OpenGL which is free
> to use on other applications? It is important for me that no changes are
> necessary to the OSG-framework like the raytracer of Amit Ben-David, who
> modified the osg:Vec3f class. I need it for my thesis and unfortunately I
> have not enough time to code one by my own.

I have done some work similar to what you need, but it is not in a
state where I could release it (it's part of the software for my own
thesis, and could not easily be separated out...). I can tell you
though that it is pretty easy to do given OSG's great design.

Sorry I can't help more...

Let us know how your thesis work goes...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/