[osg-users] OSG blocking on application exit.

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 05:11:13 PDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Neil Hughes <neil.hughes at luk.net> wrote:
> The only light I can shed on this is that there has been issues with the
> various threading models that OSG claims to support. Recent conversation
> (today's correspondance is a good example) indicates that all is not great
> in multithreaded/multicamera world!

In general multi-threaded is working pretty well in the OSG.  It is
more complex though, and there are certainly more potential for
failure.   Individual things like osgviewerMFC have their own issues
several which have been fixed in 2.1.x so I'd suggest checking this
before making any generalisations.

> As far as we are concerned for the moment I'm assuming that we will have a
> singlethreaded universe. This may well change, however, should we decide to
> be clever with reflections and set up a seperate thread for handling the
> texture generation of this. However, that's a little way down the road :-)
>
> I note that I don't think this used to happen under OSG1.2 - although I may
> be wrong.

1.2 didn't have a MFC example.  The MFC example that did exist on the
wiki was single threaded as far as I know.