[osg-users] collada animation?

Gerrick Bivins biv at iastate.edu
Mon Oct 1 12:49:58 PDT 2007

Hi Abe and Robert,
I asked this question earlier but somehow it got off topic to discussing
osgCAL.
With the osg exporter from blender (
http://projects.blender.org/projects/osgexport/) we were able to do simple
animations(the kind you are describing I think) directly. For our testing,
we exported a spinning cube that also took a helix type path through the
scene and it came through in osg without any problems.
My question though, as sounds like is yours, was if I used the collada
exporter, would this
same type of simple animation example come through?  This would be much
better since our in-house modeler use packages like maya and 3ds.