[osg-users] NVidia implementation of clipmaps in DX10

Mathieu MARACHE mathieu.marache at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:28:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I've been using clipmaps with good old pfDays and
it was definetly very powerfull. However using it doesn't seem very
efficient compared to osgdem outputs for example : 30fps at 585x445 as
seen on this video :
http://developer.download.nvidia.com/SDK/10/direct3d/Source/Clipmaps/doc/Clipmaps.wmv

Seems promising though...

2007/10/1, Garry Keltie <garry.keltie at rmit.edu.au>:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't heard any chatter of this on forums yet. I have just come
> across it so am curious if any other community members have also and
> their views. Sure, its directX and not OpenGL but its the precedent.
>
> http://developer.download.nvidia.com/SDK/10/direct3d/Source/Clipmaps/doc/Clipmaps.pdf
>
> from the featured sample SDK code at:
> http://developer.download.nvidia.com/SDK/10/direct3d/samples.html
>
> Garry