[osg-users] Quicktime/quicktime.h on Leopard

Daniel Larimer dlarimer at opentechinc.com
Mon Oct 29 09:56:48 PDT 2007

I did a fresh checkout from subversion and got this compile error.
Anyone have any ideas on what would be causing this?

[ 98%] Building CXX object src/osgPlugins/quicktime/CMakeFiles/
osgdb_qt.dir/MovieData.o
In file included from /Users/dlarimer/Downloads/OpenSceneGraph/src/
osgPlugins/quicktime/MovieData.h:17,
                  from /Users/dlarimer/Downloads/OpenSceneGraph/src/
osgPlugins/quicktime/MovieData.cpp:13:
/Users/dlarimer/Downloads/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/quicktime/
QTUtils.h:21:37: error: Quicktime/Quicktime.h: No such file or directory

Then, if I attempt to edit the CMakeLists.txt and rebuild I get this
error:
[ 95%] Building CXX object src/osgDB/CMakeFiles/osgDB.dir/FileUtils.o
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:85: error: ‘io_user_reference_t’ was not
declared in this scope
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:87: error: ‘io_user_reference_t’ does not name
a type
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:92: error: ‘OSAsyncReference64’ does not name
a type
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:103: error: ‘io_user_reference_t’ does not
name a type
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:85: error: ‘io_user_reference_t’ was not
declared in this scope
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:87: error: ‘io_user_reference_t’ does not name
a type
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:92: error: ‘OSAsyncReference64’ does not name
a type
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/
OSMessageNotification.h:103: error: ‘io_user_reference_t’ does not
name a type
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/folders/hw/
hwA6Ig5WEXaaxn+W4fN7fk+++TI/-Tmp-//ccl0XURW.out

It doesn't matter what CMakeFile.txt I edit nor the exact change to
the CMakeFile, the only way I can get FileUtils.o to build again is a
fresh checkout and build.

I also get an error with the GLU_TESS_CALLBACK and have to set force
the #else clause in osg/GLU

#if defined(GLU_TESS_CALLBACK_TRIPLEDOT)
      typedef void (APIENTRY *GLU_TESS_CALLBACK)(...);
  #else
      typedef void (APIENTRY *GLU_TESS_CALLBACK)();
  #endif

All in all I am not having much fun getting OSG working on Leopard.

Anyone have any ideas of what might be the problem?