[osg-users] Geometry-Intersector

Andreas Goebel a-goebel at gmx.de
Sun Oct 28 03:56:18 PDT 2007

Hello group, dear Robert,

Robert wrote a very fine PlaneIntersector to intersect planes with
arbitrary nodes.

What I think is especially cool is that one gets the intersection as a
group of connected polylines.

Are there plans for a geometry-intersector, that (as the name suggests)
intersects a whole geometry with a node?

One approach would be to intersect each triangle with the node and then
glue together the intersections as done in the planeIntersector.

I have the feeling that starting this from the planeIntersector as a
base would not be exceedingly difficult, but still difficult for me (as
I do not fully understand all of the planeIntersector code).

This "brute-force" - approach would be quite slow, I guess. Are there
other strategies for doing mesh / mesh intersections?

Regards,

Andreas