[osg-users] glActiveTexture / glClientActiveTexture state changes

DC Fennell dchristopher at playnet.com
Fri Oct 26 13:22:27 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am curious as to why OSG never resets glActiveTexture or glClientActiveTexture back to GL_TEXTURE0 after usage. In my opinion, this should always be done. Specifically since glClientActiveTexture is set quite often in display lists.

As a test, I modified osg and osgUtil to reset these states back to GL_TEXTURE0 after any usage of glActiveTexture and glClientActiveTexture.

With this change, all my known issues went away.

Was there a specific reason why these states are not reset? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks.