[osg-users] TexGenNode and projecting from inside geometry to the outside

Argentieri, John-P63223 John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com
Fri Oct 26 09:45:47 PDT 2007

Robert,

If I want to project textures onto a PagedLOD globe, can I do so from
inside the globe using a texgennode? It would be easiest to do if I
could set the texgennode's matrices to look out at the surface of the
earth from the origin.

Would the fact that this is a paged database screw things up?

It looks to me like the stateset that applies the texture must belong to
the parent of both the texgennode and the geometry I am projecting onto.
Is this true?

How many texture attributes can this parent have in its stateset? I need
a lot.

John