[osg-users] Getting an OSG/VPB build running on Fedora Core 7

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:33:55 PDT 2007

Hi All,

This morning I downloaded and installed Fedora Core 7 with KDE desktop
/ x86_64.  The installation itself went well, but have been trying to
install packages using the GUI package tool and it often fails and
requests that I file a bug report.... I can't even install gcc or g++
which means I can't install the NVidia drivers, nor compile anything
of the OSG.

What is others experience?  Is KDE with Fedora flaky?

I've recently install Kubuntu 7.10 on a range of machines here and
everything except my RAID worked out of the box, and compilers, tools
and dependencies all installed without errors - I typically have a
full OSG source build completed, installed in less than half a hour of
the OS being installed, and most of this is leaving the machine alone
to downloads and compiles...

Should I just give up with Fedora and head back to Kubuntu on this machine?