[osg-users] multiple windows

Emmanuel Roche roche.emmanuel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 03:37:45 PDT 2007

Hello everyone!

I've got a simple question, but I can't find any practical solution:

In my application, I have to display a notebook with a 3D window on each
tab... and I want to be able to add/remove tabs dynamically... so, what can
I use to achieve this result ?

I'm usig wxWidgets + OSG 2.2.0
I'm on Win XP

I tried with a CompositeViewer :
- creating the conpositeViewer when requested (so everything should be in
the wx event handling thread...)
- building my graphicswindowWX
- creating a view
- adding this view to the compositeview
- relying on an Idle function to call viewer->frame()...

... this works as long as there is a single tab...  but when I had others,
then only the last tab added display something : the others only display the
blue background with no model anymore... ? why that ??

by the way I had to make a small change in the
GraphicsWindowWx::makeCurrentImplementation() :

bool GraphicsWindowWX::makeCurrentImplementation() {
  // Bouml preserved body begin 0001FE83
    if(!GetParent()->IsShown())
        return false;

    SetCurrent();
    return true;
  // Bouml preserved body end 0001FE83
}

--> So the hidden tabs should return false here... could this be the source
of the problem ?? (anyway wxWidgets doesn't accept SetCurrent() when the
corresponding tab is not visible... :-S )

regards !

Thanks for your help !
Manu.