[osg-users] Debugging "Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(, )"

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Wed Oct 24 11:59:44 PDT 2007

Hello Robert,

I remember you mentioning a way (in OSG) to find out the source of the message

Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(,)

sometime in the past, but can't find the post just now. I recall it
having to do with setting something in a stateset to get explicit
debug messages printed which would help find the source of the
message...

I'm getting this when updating a vertex attribute array, and I was
hoping there was a way to eliminate it, because my geometry also
disappears when it happens, which leads to flashing (as I'm updating
attributes in a loop, and the message seems to pop up once in
approximately 10 attributes updated).

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to debug this situation.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/