[osg-users] DISPLAY ignored by osgViewer?

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Tue Oct 23 16:02:24 PDT 2007

I'm looking through the v2.2 source, and although OSG appears to parse the
DISPLAY environment variable, it never appears to use its values. In
particular, the following osgViewer::Viewer entry points override the
screenNum values specified in DISPLAY:
  setUpViewAcrossAllScreens
  setUpViewInWindow
  setUpViewOnSingleScreen

Is this intentional? If so, why bother parsing DISPLAY at all?

To ask the question another way: I'm trying to create an environment
variable reference for OSG and want to document all environment variables
that OSG reads. Can someone tell me what effect setting the DISPLAY
environment variable has?

Thanks,

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC