[osg-users] Just getting started

Michael W. Hall mwhall at hiwaay.net
Thu Oct 18 17:54:37 PDT 2007

I am new to OSG and I have just started playing with OSG.  I have
checked out the website and have not had much luck figuring things out.
Is there a good reference on-line someone can point me to?

Also, I created a KDevelop project and was using the osgBluemarble
example as a go by.  I added the following lines to my project:

Producer::ref_ptr<Producer::RenderSurface> rs;
rs = new Producer::RenderSurface;

When I tried to compile the file, the compiler reported an error on line
58 of /usr/local/include/Producer/Referenced.  Line 58 is as follows:

   else if( _refCount<0) throw 1;

The error was exception handling was disabled use -fexceptions to turn
on.

Do I need to recompile OSG with this flag?  Any help is appreciated.