[osg-users] shadows and LOD scale

Terry Welsh mogumbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:29:01 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,
Remember the View class and the code you wrote so that Cameras for
shadows could inherit the same LOD information as the user's eyepoint?
 I believe this is a related issue.  LODScale set for the main
eyepoint does not appear to be used by the shadow cameras, causing
shadows to not match the objects that cast them if the objects have
multiple levels of detail.

So far I have looked over the code for View, Camera, and CullSettings
with no luck.  _inheritanceMask in CullSettings defaults to
ALL_VARIABLES, so I would expect LODScale to be inherited properly.
Not sure where else to look for this problem.  Any ideas?

This problem is easy to demonstrate by adding this line to osgshadow.cpp

viewer.getCamera()->setLODScale(10.0f);

and then running with a model that has some LOD nodes in it.
- Terry