[osg-users] Transparency problem

Christophe Medard christophe.medard at oktal.fr
Thu Oct 18 06:09:26 PDT 2007

For your information my problem of transparency was dut to a point graphists
must be careful of in 3DSMax :
the OSGEXp exporter places a drawable or a geode in the TRANSPARENT_BIN as
soon as at least one face has transparency.
It's a perfeclty reasonable behaviour.

In my case, trees (transparent) and some terrain (opaque) parts were in the
same object : that give rise to sorting problems between the trees and the
very parts of terrain. Having the graphist look over and rectify it, the
order of rendering is perfect now.

Thanks to Robert for pointing out that direction of verification !  ;)

--
Christophe Médard
Société OKTAL (http://www.oktal.fr)