[osg-users] OpenFlt file causing crash in optimizer

Mark Hurry mark at dwork.com
Wed Oct 17 01:46:12 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have been trying to load an OpenFlight file created using TerraVista using
osgViewer. However I have been getting a crash in the optimizer code in
Optimizer::MergeGeodesVisitor::mergeGeodes at line
geodeDuplicateMap[geode].push_back(geode); I finally managed to track down
that in the OpenFlight format polygon attributes there is a flag for “Hidden
polygon”. If this flag is set it causes a crash, if it is not set then the
model loads.

Is this a known problem? And if so is there a work around? Obviously it is
not feasable to go into each OpenFlight file and manually check each polygon
to see if the “Hidden polygon” flag has been set.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:14 PM