[osg-users] osgText - shimmer...wavy

sherman wilcox wilcox.sherman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:38:52 PDT 2007

I'm using osgText with the character size mode of
OBJECT_COORDS_WITH_MAXIMUM_SCREEN_SIZE_CAPPED_BY_FONT_HEIGHT. The text
is position on an ellipsoid model with ECEF coordinates. When the text
is smaller than the maximum font height I notice that the text is
somewhat wavy when I zoom in and out. Sort of shimmers. Once the text
has realized it's maximum size the effect is much less noticable,
sometimes completely gone. Could this be a floating point precision
issue down in the bowels of osgText? BTW, I'm using an
osg::MatrixTransform node to position the text.

Any ideas?