[osg-users] LineSegment.cpp

Adrian Egli 3dhelp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:47:46 PDT 2007

hi robert,

may you saw my emails corresponding the RayTracing topic. i don't like to
implement at the moment a ray-tracer for osg :-) but we can
boost the intersection performance when we adapting some ray tracing topic
for the osg. i am working on a kd-tree implementation for
replacing the "primitive array" in the osg core. then we can achieve much
higher performance (80 times, faster intersection tests for model
with 23K triangles) As you know still much faster for bigger objects, but
bigger objects are not a really good choice for Real Time rendering
with display list and so on.

first review i did in the LineSegment.cpp, works me out, that the
intersection can be done a little bit faster.

Time:
OLD test : 0.0215715s (#define OSG_2_2_STANDARD 1)
new test : 0.0203677s

0.94 *  oldTest = newTest exe time

/adegli
Adrian Egli