[osg-users] Rendering to a texture only

Williams Steven-ASW036 Steve.Williams at Motorola.com
Mon Oct 15 08:05:57 PDT 2007

I'd like to render to a texture only, not to the screen. The computer
(PC or unix) may not have a graphics card. Is this possible with OSG, or
even OpenGL in general?

- If so, how do I render once my scene and texture camera is setup,
assuming I cannot use viewer's setSceneData/realize/frame calls?
- If not, and I plug a graphics card in, can I render to multiple
textures at the same time, one per user thread? i.e. is the library
thread safe?

thanks for the help