[osg-users] SceneView and texture unloading

Argentieri, John-P63223 John.Argentieri at gdc4s.com
Fri Oct 12 15:14:40 PDT 2007

I manage my own OpenGL texture sharing. Each of my multiple OS-Windows
has a SceneView and the scene graph is shared. When I set my smart
pointers to zero, it seems as if the textures are not properly
unloading. This is a big problem for us. How can I correct it? If I
extend GraphicsWindowEmbedded? Are contexts that share data supposed to
be unique? Are the context id's supposed to be one-to-one with each
sharing context? My windows all have their own context, but the contexts
are shared. This was accomplished by creating a dummy context, since you
must share the contexts before loading anything. I am thoroughly
confused as to why the sceneview/database pager setup is not unloading
the textures when the osg::Image and osg::Texture objects are unreffed.