[osg-users] relative size of objects in a scene graph

Philip Hahn everphilski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:45:44 PDT 2007

Hey guys-

 Quick question, does the relative size of objects in a scene graph have any
effect on culling of objects?

 Basically I added a rather large object to a scene graph and now a
relatively small object no longer appears. The size difference is on the
order of 10^6. No code was changed in the visualization, save for adding the
larger node. If I manually reduce the size of the large object in half the
smaller one reappears, and no, according to the relative positions reported
by the PositionAttitudeTransforms it isn't encompassed by the large object.

 Thanks,

Philip Hahn