[osg-users] OSG Example RPM package installing nothing?

Shawn Cook sfncook at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:30:22 PDT 2007

Howdy, please help me before I throw my comptuer into traffic.

I need to install the OSG example package and would like to do so using YUM onto Fedora Core 6.  I used this command:

yum install OpenSceneGraph-examples.i386

YUM ran and apparently installed successfully.  However, I cannot find any of the examples.  In fact the folder /usr/share/OpenSceneGraph is completely empty.  (???)  Furthermore, I can now do this fun little trick which makes no sense whatsoever:

rpm -ivh /tmp/OpenSceneGraph-examples-1.2-1.fc6.i386.rpm
[repsonse: "package OpenSceneGraph-examples-1.2-1.fc6 is already installed"]
yum remove OpenSceneGraph-examples.i386
[remove is successful]
rpm -ivh /tmp/OpenSceneGraph-examples-1.2-1.fc6.i386.rpm
[install is successful]
[/usr/share/OpenSceneGraph is empty]
rpm -q /tmp/OpenSceneGraph-examples-1.2-1.fc6.i386.rpm
[says "package /tmpOpenSceneGraph-examples-1.2-1.fc6 is not installed"]

Sweet!  I love a challenge!  No wait a minute, that's the last thing I need right now.  Please help!