[osg-users] osg-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Abe Stephens abe at sci.utah.edu
Tue Oct 2 14:38:36 PDT 2007

I've had mixed results with the blender osgexport plugin, it doesn't
appear to export animation constraints (i.e. "copy rotation from").
It also seems to forget local coordinate systems occasionally. More
importantly I don't think it is being maintained any more. If
something like collada is being maintained, and is a standard
supported by many tools it would be a better choice for me.

Robert: What should we expect from the collada import (or from other
paths into OSG)? Obviously we'd need to investigate collada export
from a modeling tool separately.

Thanks very much--
Abe